Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:01:49 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP:  DocBook FAQ translations required ASAP

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 10:49:25PM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> The steps to do the conversion are as follows (ignore the "book.sgml.nn"
> comments -- those are the points when I copied "book.sgml" to a new filename
> to keep a copy of my work so far, just in case I made mistakes -- although
> feel free to use them to indicate convenient places to checkpoint your work
> as well, or as convenient places to commit your changes -- note that the
> filename is *always* book.sgml, and not book.sgml.2 or similar).

Damn.  In a fit of stupidity last night after too many hours awake, I
committed the completed FAQ translation, without any of the intermediate
stages.

Not the smartest thing I've ever done.

So, my intermediate results (the book.sgml.nn files) can be downloaded
(gzip'd) from http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/faq/stages/.

Sorry for the cock up.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>