Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 12:39:37 -0800
From:      Jake <jake@checker.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   a standard way to start vinum?

Can we have stubs to start vinum added to /etc/rc and /etc/rc.conf ?

Something like:

in rc.conf :

vinum_enable="YES"      # Run the vinum volume manager (or NO).
vinum_device="/dev/wd0s1e"      # Drive to get config info from.

and rc :

# Configure vinum devices.
if [ "X${vinum_enable}" = X"YES" ]; then
        vinum read ${vinum_device}
fi

swapon -a

Assuming that "vinum read ${device}" and "vinum create ${config_file}"
are identical, something like

if [ -f /etc/vinum.conf ]; then
	vinum create /etc/vinum.conf
fi

might be more desireable, just in case the on disk info gets scrambled.
This happened to me last night ( no idea why :) ) and I was saved by
the virtue that my config file was still hanging around.

Cheers!   FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT rah rah rah!