Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:21:15 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freefall.freebsd.org, lewiz@netcom.com
Subject:   Re: misc/2795: Cyclades 8YO -- Not working under 2.1.6-STABLE (fwd)

> David, this might be the problem -- the latest driver on the Cyclades
> ftp site may not be the latest driver.  Marcio has now sent me the
> driver you sent him recently.  I'll install it and let you know.
> Thank you for your quick responses.

You probably don't want the latest driver.  The one in 2.1.6 is the
best avaiable for 2.1.6 as far as I know (I wrote it).

I'm not sure what this means.  2.1.5 is an OS, not a driver.

> 2.1.6 has all the support for the Cyclom-Y board
> already built-in.

2.1.0 had almost all the available support for the Cyclom-Y
board.  It differs from the 2.1.7 version in just 4 lines
(a minor bug fix involving not setting the physical speed to
0 when the logical speed is set to 0).

Unfortunately, the cy driver in 2.1.7 is missing a major bug
fix for carrier handling in CLOCAL mode.  This is fixed in
2.2 and -current, but the -current driver won't work under
2.1.x.

Bruce