Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:02:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jon Smith <jonsmith@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sigma Designs speaks on the hollywood plus

I sent them the following message:

<<SNIP>>
> Do you have any plans to make the Hollywood Plus usable under Linux or
> FreeBSD or any other NON-Windows operating systems?
>
> Point of question: I have and use Windows NT almost exclusively to play my
> DVD's.  Why am I being forced to pay homage (and $$$$) to Bill Gates to
> use this product?  Unlike many things, this technology does require
> security to prevent anyone from copying the DVD's.

<<SNIP>>

Their response:

Hi,
A new product based on the new EM8400 chipset will support Linux.
Thank you,
mc

<<Snipped the signature>>

My final question:

So they are going to make me buy ANOTHER card to use for non-windows?

Oh, and I loved how the ended their email with 'Thanks for your
cooperation'

Hmmmmmm

Jon Smith