Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 18:06:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: RFW:  Using a CD writer with FreeBSD

On 31-Aug-99 Nik Clayton wrote:
> -doc,
>
> [ RFW == Request For Writer ]
>
> Does anyone here posess a CD writer?  There was a thread in -current about
> a week ago (kicked off by Amancio Hasty) about the best way to use a CD
> writer to write regular and audio CDs, because apparently the documentation
> is a bit lacking.

I have a Yamaha CRW4416S, a 4x/4x/16x CD-RW drive. However, I have yet to get
it to work with FreeBSD (it is supported by cdrecord) due to firmware issues. I
need to upgrade the firmware before I can help out on this.

> I don't have one, so can't check the accuracy of anything I write.  However,
> if anyone here does have one, and feels up to the task of producing a short
> article (or Handbook section) about it, please let me know.  I've saved
> the thread from -current, and can forward it on to you easily enough.

Please forward it.. if I get my drive working (I know others with the same
drive who have it working), I will write the docs.

Thanks,

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>