Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:12:06 GMT
From:      Andrew Hammond<andrew.george.hammond@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/108576: databases/postgresql-plpython make fails on 6.2 / amd62

>Number:         108576
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       databases/postgresql-plpython make fails on 6.2 / amd62
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
make of postgresql-plpython fails, reports that "threaded Python not supported on this platform".

[ahammond@ahammond /usr/ports/databases/postgresql-plpython]$ sudo make
Password:
===>   postgresql-plpython-8.2.1 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/python - found
===>   postgresql-plpython-8.2.1 depends on executable in : gmake - found
===>  Configuring for postgresql-plpython-8.2.1
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
checking build system type... amd64-portbld-freebsd6.2
checking host system type... amd64-portbld-freebsd6.2
checking which template to use... freebsd
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for amd64-portbld-freebsd6.2-gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking if cc supports -Wdeclaration-after-statement... yes
checking if cc supports -Wendif-labels... yes
checking if cc supports -fno-strict-aliasing... yes
configure: using CFLAGS=-O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing
checking whether the C compiler still works... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking allow thread-safe client libraries... no
checking whether to build with Tcl... no
checking whether to build Perl modules... no
checking whether to build Python modules... yes
checking whether to build with Kerberos 5 support... no
checking whether to build with PAM support... no
checking whether to build with LDAP support... no
checking whether to build with Bonjour support... no
checking whether to build with OpenSSL support... yes
checking for egrep... grep -E
configure: using CPPFLAGS=  -I/usr/local/include
configure: using LDFLAGS= -rpath=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib  -L/usr/local/lib
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for flex... /usr/bin/flex
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for amd64-portbld-freebsd6.2-ranlib... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for tar... /usr/bin/tar
checking for amd64-portbld-freebsd6.2-strip... no
checking for strip... strip
checking whether it is possible to strip libraries... yes
checking for bison... no
configure: WARNING:
*** Without Bison you will not be able to build PostgreSQL from CVS nor
*** change any of the parser definition files.  You can obtain Bison from
*** a GNU mirror site.  (If you are using the official distribution of
*** PostgreSQL then you do not need to worry about this, because the Bison
*** output is pre-generated.)  To use a different yacc program (possible,
*** but not recommended), set the environment variable YACC before running
*** 'configure'.
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
checking for Python distutils module... yes
checking Python configuration directory... /usr/local/lib/python2.4/config
checking how to link an embedded Python application... -L/usr/local/lib/python2.4/config -lpython2.4 -lutil -lm
checking whether Python is compiled with thread support... yes
configure: error: threaded Python not supported on this platform
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to dd@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/databases/postgresql-plpython/work/postgresql-8.2.1/config.log"
including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be
a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system
(e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/postgresql-plpython.

>How-To-Repeat:
cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql82-server; sudo make install  -- works
cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql-plpython; sudo make install  -- fails