Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 1994 23:15:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe O <mephisto@nosferatu.cas.usf.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ttyn not being passed

I grabbed current from ftp.freebsd.org last friday and compiled world on a
2.0 RELEASE machine.  Since then getty does not seem to pass the name of
the tty to login.  This results in no root logins on the console (despite
being listed as secure in ttys).  Also no logins are visible in utmp,
though last will report the login (with "tty??").  Is anyone else
experiencing this?  Has the inerface to utmp changed?  Am I going mad?

I'm going to start a "make world" now and see if it goes away.

Joe Orthoefer
Computing Services
College of Arts & Sciences
University of South Florida