Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 21:09:01 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Bob Semcesen <rbs@io.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get FreeBSD from ftp site?

On Thu, 10 Aug 1995, Michael Smith wrote:

> If you have a CDrom drive, buying the CD (which is very reasonably priced)
> is a much better way to go, unless you're very patient.  Also, check with
> Brian Tao (taob@io.org) as he may already have a copy much closer to you.

    Well, I'm still in Taiwan at the moment, my personal mirror of the
950726 snapshot is here with me, Jim Mercer (who is in Toronto) has my
live filesystem 2.0.5 CD-ROM and Vince Yin (who is in Ottawa) has my
2.0.5 install CD-ROM.  So I can't be of much help right now.  :(

    However, Bob, ftp.io.org appears to have a more-or-less complete
mirror of the Walnut Creek FreeBSD archive (e-mail apollo@io.org to
confirm, he takes care of it).  Start looking in /pub/systems/FreeBSD.
The 2.1.0-950726-SNAP directory contains the latest release.

    I think I'll offer a service at IO where any user can come down
with their PC in tow, we'll drop in an Ethernet card and help you do
the installation via NFS for a small fee.  That would be neat.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org