Date:        Thu, 1 Jun 2000 17:47:44 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se>
To:        Tyler Spivey <tyler@wapvi.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: serial terminal question please resopnd

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 06:29:04AM -0700, Tyler Spivey wrote:
> how can i access vty3 from my serial port? i can't read the linux or

I don't think you can. The installation program works on the assumption
that you do sit at the console with full access to it.
Do you really need to get at vty3 ?
AFAIK you only need to go there if there are problems with the installation.
Most (all?) stuff should be installable without needing to switch vty's.

> freebsd install screen so igotta use this serial terminal, shoudl i plug
> in the keyboard and see if i can get what types on the normal keyboard out
> to my terminal

No, you can either have a normal console or a serial console. Not both at
the same time.