Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:59:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "Christopher S. Weimann" <cweimann@wallnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quantum DLT tape library compatibility

Grog wrote:
> That's just the drive.  I thought that's what you were asking about.
> The worst that can happen with the changer is that the changer
> commands won't work.  The changers I've seen understand things like
> "move to next cassette on eject", which has been adequate for the
> things I wanted.

Ick! Stackers are bad!

The DLT changer electronics/mechanics are pretty straightforward and are
unlikely to be affected one way or the other. You may have a task finding
the right version of amanda that can cope, but that'll be fine. Whether or
not the old st driver copes with the DLT4000, who knows... probably.