Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 21:07:29 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <christoph.sold@pk.she.de>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Sending Mail & Single PPP Account

Hi Folks,

again, I need some help with sendmail on a single host, single user
ppp dialup account (which means I don't know my own IP, it changes
from login to login). Here's the problem:

I set up the mail connection using fetchmail and sendmail as shown
in FAQ 8.19. "How do I set up mail with a dialup connection to the
'net?". For details, see below.

Until here, all is well and everything works as it should. The problem
is my username at localhost and my email account name differ. How do I
configure my computer so mail sent by user 'luser' will show as on the
e-mail as it had been sent by 'luser-with-a-long-name'?  I know I
could create an account using the same name as my email provider, but
I really prefer not to.

Thanks for your attention
-Christoph Sold

P.S: Apologies for using Netscape -- It's the only mailer generating
the correct return address right now.