Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2013 12:54:36 +0100
From:      Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   stable/9 Xorg freezes and hangs in drmlk2

Occasionally Xorg freezes and hangs in state drmlk2, when I start
the compositing manager or an overlay window (i.e. mplayer) opens.

The last time that happened (starting the compositor) I ssh'ed into
the box and collected some data.

> uname -a
> pkg_info -Ex xorg
> pkg_info -Ex xf86
> top -PCS
> tail /var/log/Xorg.0.log
> tail -n2 ~user/.xsession-errors
> pciconf -lv
http://pastebin.com/ExgFDKZ8

The Xorg.0.log:
http://pastebin.com/gGubtXqk

Last line states:
[mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop.

The Xorg process does not react to SIGTERM in this state. This time
when I sent it a SIGKILL it miraculously restarted just fine. I'm
even using the compositor that right now!

Usually xdm goes into a loop trying to start Xorg and Xorg crashing
because of some video driver mumbo jumbo that I cannot tell you about,
because it didn't happen this time.

One last thing, I'm using e17's OpenGL compositing and when it's turned
on starting mplayer is much more likely to freeze Xorg (but the last time
mplayer froze it, the compositor wasn't on). It usually takes a couple
of hours of runtime before there is significant likeliness of this
happening. I sometimes have days of runtime without incident, though.

Regards