Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:32:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eugene M. Kim" <ab@astralblue.com>
To:        Ken Krebs <schrade@schrade.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Aureal Drivers for Linux - Need FreeBSD ones now!  :)

I just downloaded the driver and took a first glance on this.  The
impression was: negative.  They supplied some opaque .o files in ELF
format, and doing nm on them reveals that they require some external
symbols whose name tends to be Linux-centric
(linux_acquire_device_spinlock, for an example).

Aureal's webpage says Aureal is preparing a 100%-pure source
distribution as well as the programming information docs.  I think
FreeBSD driver is unlikely to come out until that point.

Regards,
Eugene

--
Eugene M. Kim <ab@astralblue.com>

"Is your music unpopular?  Make it popular; make music
which people like, or make people who like your music."