Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:10:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco <francisco@natserv.net>
To:        I Nyoman Suka Ada <sekali@kejadian.or.id>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slow SSH access from another FreeBSD, but not from WinXP

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, I Nyoman Suka Ada wrote:

> But still, very slow. But the most interesting thing is that, why is it not
> slow when SSH-ing from Win XP.

Try looking at the clients and see if they are trying to connect to a
different protocol.

For example if your server is trying protocol 1 then 2 and the client in
*nix is tying protocol 2 then 1.

Also I believe that putting something in /etc/hosts will only help you if
the machines in question are outside your network.