Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 2008 23:23:45 +1100
From:      andrew clarke <mail@ozzmosis.com>
To:        DA Forsyth <d.forsyth@ru.ac.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update through proxy with auth

On Wed 2008-12-03 10:36:29 UTC+0200, DA Forsyth (d.forsyth@ru.ac.za) wrote:

> How do I get freebsd-update to fetch through a proxy that requires
> authentication?  I cannot find any options in the man pages.

freebsd-update is a /bin/sh shell script.  Looking at the source I can
see it uses /usr/bin/fetch, so it's probably just a matter of reading
the fetch(1) & fetch(3) manpages to get it to do what you want.

If all else fails, you might be able to hack the freebsd-update script
to use Wget instead of Fetch, but I doubt you'll need to go to that
much trouble.