Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 1997 13:49:25 +0900
From:      Hiroyuki HANAI <hanai@astec.co.jp>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Libretto 50 and FSD

From: Adept <adept@cep.yale.edu>
> Does anyone have any gotcha's for the Libretto or even war stories?  I
> know that Hosokawa-san has done the PAO work on a Libretto, but is the
> Libretto available in Japan the same one that is available in the US?>

I think that the difference between the Japanese model and
the US model is only the keyboard. Others seem to be same at all.
So, I think you can enjoy FreeBSD with the US model of Libretto 50.

From: Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
> Is the Libretto 50 now available in the US?  We have 2 of them, but we
> ended up buying them from a company that re-packages them from the
> Japanese market.

It seems that Toshiba America Inc. is now dealing with the
Libretto 50, where URL is:
<URL://www.toshiba.com/tais/csd/products/portable/libretto/>.

By the way,
In Japan, Libretto 60 is now available.

What's new in Libretto 60 is:
  CPU is Pentium 100 MHz (P-75 for Libretto 50),
  Longer battery life,
  Ability of charging the battery during the machine is working.

I don't know whether the US model of Libretto 60 is made or not.

Cheers!

--
Hiroyuki HANAI
hanai@astec.co.jp, hanai@jp.FreeBSD.ORG, hanai@FreeBSD.ORG