Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 96 11:16:19 EST
From:      jleppek@suw2k.hisd.harris.com (James Leppek)
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   general protection faults

Lately I have had continual crashes caused by general protection faults and they
are occuring in the idle task. The system dumps don't help
much because the trace back is just trap,fatal_trap, boot :-(

Is this an indication of bad hardware? The system has been running
fbsd for years.
system info:
fbsd-current supped and built every few days
	(got caught by the clock changes which made for a lively night :-) )
486dx4 100
tried with 32 and 16 Meg of memory
IDE disks

DOS and windows work (well, as good as could be expected :-) )

I ran a few memory checkers and nothing showed up, although they are not
that great.

Any hints??

Thanks
Jim Leppek