Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:21:10 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sprintpcs sierra wireless aircards stuff Re: aircards - you have a great page! And i have some interesting info (fwd)

hi;

the synopsis of the mail that i include below is that the aircard is
supposed to be like a serial port, so trying to use a pccard config from
another serial port card would be the way to go.

additionally, from what i tea-leaved out of the faq's and dev info at
their website, the first port is the interesting port, and the second port
is a 'control' port that reports back things like singnal strength....tho
at this point i am a little unsure if you would need to *twiddle* said 2nd
port *first* to get a connection on the second port.

it seems like that isnt the case, however.....

--

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life