Date:      Wed, 7 Mar 2001 17:32:14 +0100
From:      Olivier Cortes <receiver@deep-ocean.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm / channel dead

Hello all,

do you have some news about the :

device busy / pcm channel dead

posted a while ago on this list ?

i own a Crystal Clear audio on a thinkpad A20m.
I CVSUPed 2 days ago, recompiled everything, and
the only difference is that xmms dumps core just
when i launch it (before, it hanged softly when
i hit play or other button).

i always see this error, and no soft can play audio.
i tried xmms & mpg123.

should i subscribe -hackers to know more ? do you know something
or are you all stuck like me with a dead sound card (i noticed
it works perfectly un OpenBSD 2.8, but i don't have xmms)...

will it be corrected in 4.3 (should i cvsup every night in case ? ;-) ) ?

cheers,

---
Olivier Cortes
free software admin