Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:54:43 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        tr0n@bsdnerds.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.7 pcibus.c compile error

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On 2002-10-10 18:49, Mega Tr0n <tr0n@dev.bsdnerds.org> wrote:
> I cvsuped this morning when i heard that 4.7 went gold, but had a
> compile error in the pcibus.c
>
> i386/isa/pcibus.c
> /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/pcibus.c: In function `nexus_pcib_is_host_bridge':
> /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/pcibus.c:218: syntax error before `case'
> *** Error code 1

As others have pointed out, you'll get the fixed version by CVSup'ing
again.  I just wanted to add that the safest way to get the source
tree version as an exact copy of the X.Y-RELEASE tree you can always
use the RELENG_X_Y_0_RELEASE tag in your supfiles.  For this instance,
the tree of 4.7-RELEASE can be downloaded by using the tag:

	RELENG_4_7_0_RELEASE

The kernel that goes to the release CD-ROMs has been tested and
verified to be working, and you will find that it's certainly worth
the time to do a buildworld/buildkernel cycle with the proper release
tag.  Then, you can cvsup and build later -STABLE versions, but you
will at least have a nice and working kernel and userland from a
well-known and working version of the sources.

--=20
keramida@FreeBSD.org       FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #12: Thu Oct 10 21:08:38 EEST 2002

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI--