Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:58:57 UT
From:      d.wylie@hccnet.nl
To:        darrylb_au44@yahoo.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless Problems

--_----------=_1072090737459735

I could not get my ath 3com a/b/g card associated until I found that the asus 500g AP has an option to 'hide' or atleast not broadcast it's ssid for extra security. However, with it enabled, i.e. ssid hidden, the ath card will not associate. With the option disabled, i.e. broadcasting the ssid by the AP, association is fine. I'll give this a shot under W2K.
Perhaps you have such an 'hidden' ssid option for the AP?

grtz,
Dylan

[snipped]

--_----------=_1072090737459735--