Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 05:54:54 -0500
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing ID of 2940UW

> * Are all of those disks wide?  You can't put the controller's ID
> :
> * put the controller at ID 7... so it tends to win arbitration.
>
>I know that.... ;)
>
> * >All disks are found fine if I set the adapter's ID to 7 (well I need
> * >to pull out one of the disks but that's it).
> *
> * You had to pull one because it is narrow I would guess?
>
>No, because it's in an enclosure and I can't change the ID easily.  We
>don't have any narrow-SCSI devices on our system.
>
> * Not that I know of.  Try setting the ID to something else, like 3.  It
> * should still work.
>
>Ok, will try that tomorrow.  Thanks.

When I was looking through the Adaptec PCI device probe I noticed you
were only using anding the HBA device ID with 0x7 and stuffing it into
SCSICONF and SCSICONF + 1.  Shouldn't it be anded with 0xf?

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org

*** aic7870.c.orig      Tue Apr 16 06:58:43 1996
--- aic7870.c   Tue Apr 16 06:59:01 1996
*** 474,480 ****

                host_id = sc.brtime_id & CFSCSIID;

!               scsi_conf = (host_id & 0x7);
                if(sc.adapter_control & CFSPARITY)
                        scsi_conf |= ENSPCHK;

--- 474,480 ----

                host_id = sc.brtime_id & CFSCSIID;

!               scsi_conf = (host_id & 0xf);