Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 23:55:36 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>, Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spellings [was Re: BSDCon East]

Dag-Erling Smorgrav said on Apr 10, 2000 at 11:10:55:
> > I just asked a French teacher of my acquaintance. She said it's true,
> > it can be interpreted in that way.
>
> No more than the english term "black hole" can be interpreted as
> meaning "anus".

Looks like DES is right. I described this thread to a Paris-based
French physicist and got the following reply.

  Regarding "black holes": I agree basically w/the norwegian point of
  view.  It doesnt obviuosly mean anything dirty in French except if you
  really stretch things, and in any case its unclear what you would
  make it sound like.

  So I dont know what the story is based on. I'll ask around my (French)
  astrophysics friends !

-Rahul.