Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 1998 22:33:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        dima@tejblum.dnttm.rssi.ru (Dmitrij Tejblum)
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au, abial@nask.pl, tlambert@primenet.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Custom init(8) (and some ideas)

> Also, (unpacked) .text section of gzipped binaries is not shared among
> several copies of same program, like in case of normal program. If I
> understand correctly, this is a big problem for Andrzej, since all his
> program is crunched together.
>
> If text and data were gzipped separately, the life, probably, could be
> easier.

The pager approach would fix this as ell, though Mike is right about
needing to keep a list around.

Fundamentally, it's no different than trying to allw mmap's of files
on an audio CD (the disk blocks are not some multiple of 512, and
therefore not some factor of 4k, the page size).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.