Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 2002 04:44:31 +0900 (JST)
From:      Roger Williams <root@edo.naviservers.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPV6 and Sendmail

Hello All,
  I recently upgraded to 4.6 and now my sendmail shows the following
error:

gethostbyaddr(IPv6:::1) failed : 1

I googled and could only find a fix for openBSD:

Go into /usr/share/sendmail/cf, and remove or comment the line:

'DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Family=inet6, address=::, Name=MTA6, M=O')dnl'

in openbsd-proto.mc.
Then, rebuild with m4, i.e. , from the cf directory. 'm4 ../m4/cf.m4
openbsd-proto.mc >config.cf'.
Once that completes, copy config.cf to /etc/mail/sendmail.cf and HUP
sendmail. That should do it.

I tried to adapt it to work with freebsd with no luck.  Does anyone know
the correct syntax for freebsd or is there an easier fix for this error?

Thanks,
Roger