Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:49:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <trond@ramstind.gtf.ol.no>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Optimal parameters for mfs in /etc/fstab

Hi,

Since mount_mfs is simulating a hard drive in memory, what are the
optimal (or close to optimal) settings for such a virtual hard drive
in terms of the number of cylinders, the number of sectors per
cylinder, the number of revolutions per minute, and similar
parameters.

Can someone please give me an example of a complete line to put in
/etc/fstab?

My mfs line in /etc/fstab is currently:

/dev/da0s1b /tmp mfs rw,nodev,nosuid,async 0 0

Please cc me since I am not subscribed to this list.

TIA,
Trond.