Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:25:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        jmallett@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot build the Mips 32 bit kernel

In message: <AANLkTikXkvBh3EgmYvfAogDb+UeM+K+N26-c6FOJVwTt@mail.gmail.c=
om>
            Juli Mallett <jmallett@freebsd.org> writes:
: On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 16:15, M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:=

: > In message: <4C76F4B6.5050607@adaranet.com>
: > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Patrick Mahan <pmahan@adaranet.com> writes:
: > : I have attached my modified OCTEON1-32 for you folks to look at.
: >
: > And the mailing list helpfully stripped it :(
: =

: What's going on here is that we use ISA_MIPS32 bogusly (using it at
: all is bad enough, but...) namely we use it to determine whether to
: link in the relevant bits of libkern.  I'm not sure what the best
: thing to do is.  I've thought about creating a .c file that includes
: the libkern bits depending on the ABI that's being used, so that we
: can get config out of the business of handling this.

Agreed.  ISA_MIPS32 seemed like a good idea when I did it.  But now I
agree with you: its rather lame.

: In short: your config probably lacks and should have (even though it'=
: actually wrong) options ISA_MIPS32.

Warner