Date:      Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:01:11 -0500
From:      <crzdgns1@starpower.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newbie Security Concerns

Hello,

I am a new user of UNIX and FreeBSD and have never had to do any
administration or security configuration myself before.  I am running
IP Firewall on FreeBSD-5.3-RELEASE.  Last night I was checking my
logs and discovered  that sshd reported many illegal users.  Does
that mean my system i compromised?  As configured, there are only
three accounts on my system, root, toor, and one user account for
me.  I suppose you need more information from me, but am not sure
what to provide.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark