Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 04:52:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   conf/45672: Makefile support for sendmail CIDR pre-parsing (cidrexpand)

>Number:         45672
>Category:       conf
>Synopsis:       Makefile support for sendmail CIDR pre-parsing (cidrexpand)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD pentarou.parodius.com 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Thu Nov 14 01:41:15 PST 2002 root@pentarou.parodius.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PARODIUS-SMP i386

        This is a request to add support for the contrib/cidrexpand script
        that comes with sendmail, into /etc/mail/Makefile.  The script is
        src/contrib/sendmail/contrib/cidrexpand.

        We maintain a fairly complex set of rules in /etc/mail/access,
        and for numerous reasons, sendmail does not have native support
        for CIDR notation within it's hash files.  The script in question
        addresses this issue.  It permits you to use CIDR notation inside
        /etc/mail/access and pre-parses the contents, generating all
        possible IP combos from that CIDR (while leaving non-CIDR lines
        alone), sending the results to stdout.

        It would be absolutely *fantastic* to have this as part of the
        /etc/mail/Makefile process.  It looks to be highly possible.

        My recommendation would be to add a new variable to defaults/make.conf
        called SENDMAIL_CIDR, which would define if the administrator desired
        using "contrib/cidrexpand | makemap" instead of just the normal
        makemap process.

>How-To-Repeat:
        Not applicable.
>Fix: