Date:      29 Nov 1997 18:45:17 +0900
From:      junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr (Choi, Jun Ho)
To:        Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where's FreeBSD 2.2.5 's FAQ and Handbook?

    Ron> It's been removed from the 2.2.5 distribution.  They want you
    Ron> to get it from the web page.  This is less than ideal when
    Ron> you are trying to get ppp up, and the information you need is
    Ron> on the other end of a wire.  Perhaps if enough people
    Ron> complain, the maintainers will change there mind on the next
    Ron> release.

I can't understand why the maintainers did such a thing. In my country,
Linux is dominant, because there are some of enthusiastic volunteers
and many document resource(more than FreeBSD) written in Korean. Though
I have 2.2.5 CD-ROM from Walnut Creek(no company sells it in Korea, so
I had to buy it from WC directly) and I have a good network connection
in my school, but I use FreeBSD in my home, and I have only telephone
connection in my home.

I think there are many people who use FreeBSD with no network
connection or just a phone line, so it's a bad idea that whoever wants
to get the documentation of FreeBSD must try to connect the main FreeBSD
site or near mirrors... Offline documentation in the binary tree,
though it is somewhat old, is invaluable information to me.

Should all people using FreeBSD connect to one of the FreeBSD
site just to read some hint for his trouble? I don't think so...

I hope the next release of FreeBSD will contain the Handbook and FAQ
like the good old days...

--
 --Cool FreeBSD!-----MSX Forever!-----J.U.N.K.E.R/Beat Snatchers!---
 Choi, Jun Ho <junker@jazz.snu.ac.kr>  http://jazz.snu.ac.kr/~junker