Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 1995 12:04:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@violet.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cool..

On Wed, 7 Jun 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> e93 is a programmer oriented text editor that works with X windows.
> It is most similar to editors on the Mac, and NeXT platforms.
> It supports:
>
> 	Tcl scripting language
> 	Unlimited number of open files
> 	Multiple selections
> 	Columnar selection
> 	Cut/copy/paste
> 	Multiple clipboards
> 	Unlimited undo/redo
> 	Regular expression search/replace
> 	Keyboard binding
> 	Customizable Menus
> 	Adjustable fonts
> 	Adjustable tab sizes
> 	Ability to run tasks from within document windows
> 	Color
>
> and more....
>
> It is currently lacking mainly in the area of documentation.
> There is no user manual yet.  Any takers?
>
> -Todd Squires
> squirest@icomsim.com

Jordan

I just downloaded this, its available on ftp.x.org and ftp.digex.com,
and I found the scariest LICENSE.TXT file I've ever seen.  I think you
oughta look at that carefully before deciding to have it on FreeBSD.  It's
obviously done by one of Viacom's lawyers, and (among other things) has
you promising to use your best efforts to see that everyone else also
complies with it.  I'm not a lawyer, I know nothing about law, but that
file looks scary enough to me.

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!