Date:      Thu, 20 May 1999 12:40:53 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Campbell <bc-freebsd@vicious.dropbear.id.au>
To:        Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel stops when APM is loaded

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Colin Eric Johnson wrote:

colinj> I'm having some trouble with my latest kernel build and I'm wondering if
colinj> anyone else has seen this.
colinj>
colinj> Machine:
colinj>
colinj> 	Dell Lattitude CPi 266
colinj>
colinj> I've just rebuilt a kernel as of this morning (following a cvsup). When I
colinj> boot with this new kernel all seems to go well until the kernel probes the
colinj> APM device. At this point the kernel just sits there. I can reboot with

On my Omnibook, circa the same build will reset the machine at that point
(the last thing I see is psm being found, must put it onto serial console
to capture the message)

--Bruce.