Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:06:19 +0200
From:      Peter Iota <spaunskiva@live.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Finding temperature on intel 82845g chipset

Hello, I have a dell gx260 with Pentium 4 processor and intel 82845g chipse=
t on freebsd 7.0. If possible I would like to find out some
temperature sensor data.

What I have tried is:

sysctl hw.acpi  - but there is no support for hw.acpi.thermal so from what =
I understand  there is no thermal support with this.

mbmon complains that /dev/smb0 is not configured after I have loaded smbus =
smb (and ichsmb (I do not know if this really is correct since ichsmb man d=
oes not mention 82845 chipset))

ipmitool i get no /dev/ipmi0 but the ipmi module loads with no errors

from what I have heard on pcbsd forum trying to use linux emulation for lm-=
sensors would not give the right answers even if I got it to work (but I'm =
new to freebsd so it seems like a big project to get that working (I have u=
pgraded linux compatibility to fc-6 but I do not know if I need the i2c-dri=
vers, I also need to install some linux packages (but lm-sensors.org site i=
s not available now so I cannot find out which it was).

also i installed some driver/library that was used with chm (I cannot remem=
ber now and I cannot find it when I look through pkg_info(perhaps if I coul=
d see the date packaged were installed)), anyhow that also complained that =
smb0 was not configured.

The dell manual mentions some ASF temperature alerts but I do not know if t=
his is only for windows. Is it possible to do something with this in wine o=
r is it the same as the linux thing mentioned above.

I'm sorry if I have overlooked something obvious, but I'm not that used to =
nor computers nor linux/unix to know what type of drivers I should search f=
or.

Explore the seven wonders of the world
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=3D7+wonders+world&mkt=3Den-US&form=3DQ=
BRE=