Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2000 07:20:57 -0500
From:      Yarema <yds@dppl.com>
To:        "David W. Chapman Jr." <dwcjr@inethouston.net>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mail/postfix-current Makefile

"David W. Chapman Jr." wrote:

> are you sure none of the additional configs get installed?  I cannot verify
> for the man pages, but my sasl configs do get installed.  I'll get on this,
> but I don't think it can be committed until the code freeze isn't in effect
> anymore.

I'm only sure of the WITH_PCRE case.  However it makes sense.  If you
assign to a variable with a += and later assign to the same variable
with an = operator the former value will be clobbered.  Even if that's
not the case it's best to put things in the order that is easier to
follow while reading.  For me at least switching the order fixes
things.  It's rather simple to verify.  Do a build WITH_PCRE.  The

etc/postfix/sample-pcre.cf
etc/postfix/sample-pcre_table

are accounted for in work/.PLIST.mktmp yet don't get installed.
pcre_table.5 man page does not get installed either and is not accounted
for since the MAN5 variable is both used to install the man page and
automatically add the man pages to work/.PLIST.mktmp so they can be
deinstalled later.  That's why I deleted the man pages from PLIST in my
original patch.

After installing do:

% pkg_delete postfix-20001030_1
pkg_delete: file `/usr/local/etc/postfix/sample-pcre.cf' doesn't really
exist
pkg_delete: file `/usr/local/etc/postfix/sample-pcre_table' doesn't
really exist
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/local/etc/postfix'
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list
is
incorrectly specified?)

Without doing a make clean delete the following files from the work
subdirectory:
.PLIST.mktmp .PLIST.setuid .PLIST.startup .install_done
Apply my last patch and do a make -DWITH_PCRE reinstall.  This time
sample-pcre.cf, sample-pcre_table and pcre_table.5 are actually
installed and the man page gets accounted for in work/.PLIST.mktmp.
Uninstall still gives you the warning about /usr/local/etc/postfix/ not
being empty:

# pkg_delete postfix-20001030_1
pkg_delete: unable to completely remove directory
'/usr/local/etc/postfix'
pkg_delete: couldn't entirely delete package (perhaps the packing list
is
incorrectly specified?)

That's because the "@unexec if cmp -s ..." lines in PLIST don't work for
some reason.  That is a different issue and I'm not worried about it at
the moment.  If you care to tackle that one, go ahead.  I suspect it's
broken in all ports using that idiom.  Or maybe I'll see why it's not
working once I actually get some sleep. :)  For now my patch fixes what
I claim it does.

--
Yarema