Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 1996 21:55:45 +0930 (CST)
From:      Justin Viiret <justin@cyburbia.net.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPd problem.

Just today I've seen some problems on one dialin line. I've been making
some fairly extensive changes to the dialin setup here, but can't trace
the problem to its source. I'm using mgetty-0.99.1-Octsomething to answer
the phone and passing ppp users to pppd.

However, I'm seeing a user that's being disconnected regularly on ttyd6.
Excerpt from pppd's syslog output gives about five repeats of this, one
for each call he's made:

---
Oct 13 21:37:01 olympus pppd[22248]: pppd 2.2.0 started by ffffrank, uid
1068
Oct 13 21:37:01 olympus pppd[22248]: ioctl(TIOCSETD): Device not
configured
Oct 13 21:37:01 olympus pppd[22248]: Exit.
---

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? The machine's a stock
2.1.5-RELEASE machine.

  Justin Viiret                       Cyburbia Network Services
  justin@cyburbia.net.au              Co-sysadmin and busy guy
  http://cyburbia.net.au/~justin/     Voice: +61-8-8379-2492
-------------------[Relax, they're only ones and zeroes]---------------------