Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2001 22:15:24 -0400
From:      Mark Thomas <thomas@pbegames.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP, NAT, and battlenet

I'm running a small network behind a FreeBSD box running ppp -nat to a DSL
modem. All my networking services seem to be working fine, except battlenet
(*).

Case in point, I can join remotely hosted games of Diablo II from my
private side Windows box, but no one can join a game I host, which kind of
makes sense, since they would have to be able to open a connection to my
hidden machine.

I tried using ipfw to forward the appropriate port (6112 udp/tcp) directly
to my Windows box, but no dice.

Has anyone gotten this working? If so, care to share? I'd hate to have to
switch my network over to host battlenet games. :)

[Please cc me via email to any response. TIA]

(*) battlenet is Blizzard Software's free game network.

Mark
---
thomas@pbegames.com -------------> http://www.pbegames.com/~thomas
Play by Electron Games ----------> http://www.pbegames.com