Date:      Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:48:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   US Robotics Performance Pro modem won't work

I just built a pc and bought the above modem for being
100% controller-based hardware modem but I can't get
it to work, it doesn't complain when I run the ppp
-ddial command and it even creates tun0.pid file but
it doesn't dial at all and I think it has to do with
the com port.  In windows shows that, it's using com3
which tells me it has its own com ports in the card
and the question is what should I do to make it work
in FreeBSD 4.6.2?
I've tried to change the ppp.conf file from cuaa0 to
cuaa1 and so on but nothing happens.  I'm still using
the generic kernel.  Thanks in advance