Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 13:44:13 -0800
From:      Sean-Paul Rees <sean@dreamfire.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SB AWE64 in -CURRENT

Ok, I'm giving serious thought to ditching the Debian installation on this
drive and go with FreeBSD. I run FreeBSD on this machine already, but on a
smaller drive. Debian and Linux have been routinely irritating me. I'm used
to the traditional set of Unix tools, and the traditional command line
options. Linux utils are close, but most seem to have weird little quirks to
them to their traditional counterparts.

I run 4-CURRENT on my network server here also. Does 4-CURRENT have drivers
for the SB64 AWE synth? I have the regular PCM stuff going pretty well
already...

Sorry to ask here, but the LINT file isn't much help and the sound driver
documentation is slightly out of date.

--
Cheers,
Sean