Date:      Sun, 06 Jan 2002 11:24:36 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        "Jim Gansle" <jgansle@gvtc.com>, "Free BSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can't get to boot prompt

Just press enter at the prompt.... that IS the path. Then:

#mount -u /

#mount -a -t ufs

#swapon -a

At 10:59 AM 1.6.2002 -0600, Jim Gansle wrote:

in editing the rc.confg file, and as a result the boot process doesn't
get me to the login prompt. It stops and asks me for the full pathname of
the shell or to press RETURN for /bin/sh. I haven't been able to
determine what the "full pathname" is, and couldn't get anywhere in
/bin/sh.

Windows-indoctrinated newbie get back to working with FBSD? With thanks
in advance.

<<<<<<<<

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone,