Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 2000 12:31:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Nicole Harrington." <nicole@unixgirl.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG, "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>, Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Subject:   Re: Anti-BSD FUD

On 07-Jun-00 Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org> [000607 08:22] wrote:
>> At 08:48 AM 6/7/2000, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
>>
>> >Quite.  He was quite clearly talking about the license and not to the
>> >software, so to open by attacking the article as "anti-BSD FUD" will
>> >not really encourage people to read your response further.
>>
>> It *is* anti-BSD FUD. Note the headline -- "Fatal Flaw in BSD?" --
>> as well as the many assertions that BSD's licensing (and, by
>> extension, BSD itself) is naive.
>
> Yes I agree, it's a clear anti-BSD article with just enough
> patronizing BSD propoganda to get it published.  Had the code been
> GPL'd MS would have made thier own version along with it's proprietary
> poison.
>
> -Alfred

 In a way it is rather nice. They must be afraid of something to go through all
the trouble. I would plan for more FUD from the marketing machines of many
companies as BSD grows in popularity, strength and power!

   Nicole

 nicole@unixgirl.com         |\ __ /|   (`\   http://www.unixgirl.com/
 webmistress@dangermouse.org | o_o  |__  ) )  http://www.dangermouse.org/