Date:      Tue, 10 Feb 1998 03:04:10 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        jbryant@unix.tfs.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: merging win95 and nt filesystem changes into msdosfs

> Well, I think Poul has honestly done a lot of work in this area, and
> I've done most of the rest of the work, if only people would take the
> code without insisting on understanding how it works, so long as it

It's not "people" who need to take this code, however.  What's needed
is "a person" (possibly more than one, but that's neither here nor
there) who's also wearing a committer hat and is willing to front this
for you in -current.  Find yourself that person to stand behind and
understand that no matter what you might personally be willing to
promise, it's still HE who's going to be held most principally
responsible for it since his fingerprints will be the ones directly on
the repository and so should thus have at least some *hope* of
understanding your code, at least.  Any random committer won't do or I
might be even willing to do it myself, if only to see what your next
move was. :-) However, I'm not a FS dude and never pretended to be so
it's gotta be one of those other 107 committers who play in /sys more
often than I do.  Find one, work the change through him, do it just
like all the other "complete strangers" out there have done it and it
will be done. :-)

					Jordan