Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:37:37 +0000 (GMT)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Gavin=20Kenny?= <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        matiss@bkc.lv
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Virtual Private Networking Server on FreeBSD

>Hello there, fellow owners of many system proceses..

>Does anyone has experience on implementing Virtual
>Private Networking
>on
>FreeBSD? Is it possible at all? What manuals is worth
>reading? Any
>hints to
>additional software to support this technology?

>Thanks, Matiss Elsbergs

VPN's are relativley easy to set up on FreeBSD. The
FreeBSD Diary has a reasonable article on how to do
it, also FreeBSD has an IKE server called Racoon which
makes key management quite nice too (although it takes
a bit of setting up)

I've always set my VPN's up using the setkey method
(man setkey) but you can use the gif interface to do
it aswell. I'm not sure what the difference is. (Could
someone on the list enlighten me?)

cheers

Gavin