Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:02:11 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Horror story

On 14 Mar 99, at 1:23, David Greenman wrote:

>    For the record, I'd like to know about any such occurances of put-downs
> resulting from innocent messages sent to -questions. I'll happily arrange
> to have the respondant permanently removed from the list in such a case.
> -questions is a place for all types of questions about FreeBSD. The list
> is often the first exposure that a newbie will have to FreeBSD and it's
> especially important when the 'dumb' questions are asked to respond with
> care and respect.

This is good to hear.  And I thank you for posting it.  I feel it is very
important that such attitudes be held by the "powers that be".

We have similar standards within #freebsd on undernet.  We hold that
rudeness is never tolerated.  Questions are never dumb questions.
Ignorance can be cured.  Stupidity cannot.  We have low tolerance only for
that that are not willing to learn.

cheers.

--
Dan Langille