Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 1995 23:29:42 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        julian@TFS.COM
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hi,

 * just something I noticed..
 * the tclDP port insists on bringing in the tcl port
 * and building it, even if you hae installed the tcl package,
 * because it fails to find the tcl shared lib...

(Please tell me which version of FreeBSD you are running...although I
 know now (from your other message) that it's the July snap, which
 will take us to:)

That's because of the missing "ldconfig -m".  If you have a system
that has the new ldconfig, pkg_add or make install would have run
"ldconfig -m" to register the new shared lib.

As it stands now, 2.0.5R, July snap, or -stable users will need to run
ldconfig with appropriate arguments (probably "/usr/lib /usr/local/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib") or reboot before it gets registered in the shlib
cache.

The new "-m" flag was added exactly for this reason.

 * I don't pretend to understand the ports stuff..

Me neither....

Satoshi