Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:00:48 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   crash during sync(2) still damages filesystems

Hi folks,

I recently added a syncer(4) manual page to 5.0-CURRENT, to replace the
obsolete update(4) page.  I want to know whether the BUGS section, which
I copied from update(4), is still true:

BUGS
     It is possible on some systems that a sync(2) occurring simultaneously
     with a crash may cause file system damage.  See fsck(8).

It seems reasonable that this would still be true, but I wouldn't have a
clue either way.  Anyone care to confirm or deny?

Ciao,
Sheldon.