Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 1998 22:39:34 -0800
From:      Eric Hedstrom <erich@compecon.com>
To:        NWebster <NWebster@aol.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help :o)

hi neil,
i have been meaning to ask a similar question.

my system does this too unless i type in the name of the kernel and the
partition on which it lives at the freebsd boot: prompt. i don't remember
the exact syntax off the top of my head, but mine is looking for the
third scsi drive when i only have two scsi and one ide, with freebsd
living on the second scsi drive.

so check the default boot entry and make sure it matches the drive
where freebsd is really installed.

everybody: how can i change the default boot entry so it looks at the
right drive?

eric hedstrom
erich@compecon.com