Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 1997 09:27:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Dean Hollister <dean@odyssey.apana.org.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Setting default terminal type on dialins...

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Dean Hollister wrote:

> > setenv TERM vt100 in /etc/cshrc?
>
> I can. However, if I login on ttyv*, the display does not work correctly.
> ttyv* as far as I can see needs to be cons25.

I found a couple lines  piece of a script about two weeks ago that (I think)
would do what you wanted. I wanted to be able to differentiate between a
ttyv* login and use cons25 and if I'm logging in over a dialup
automatically use vt100. Is this what you wanted to do?

I found how to do this in a book called X Window System Administration.
Unfortunatly I forgot to copy this little bit of info from the book and I
have since returned it to the library. (it as an inter-library loan, so
its gone)

sorry cant help you but if you can find the book above....? (its an
oreilly book.)