Date:      Tue, 08 Feb 2005 10:36:53 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        =?ISO-8859-2?Q?P=E1sztor_Rich=E1rd?= <ricsip@mailbox.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sysinstall problem with network settings

Pásztor Richárd wrote:

>I installed 4.11 Release recently. If i configure my network with
>sysinstall during the install procedure, everythin works fine. But if i
>skip network config, and want to do it after finishing setup, sysintall
>doesnt save my settings.
>
>I setup hostname, ip address, gateway, dns etc. then it asks for
>bringing up the interface. I choose yes, and i see a packet sent out
>from my machine to the switch. But after quitting sysintall, and typing
>"ifconfig tx0" it seems nothing has changed (no ip, interface is not
>UP). Could it be a bug? As i can remember, the same happened with 4.10.
>
>Thx!
>ricsip

I have no idea if this is a bug or not.  It's possible, but I don't know
how likely,
as it's definitely not a common complaint on this list.  Have you
checked the PR
database to see if you can find any mention of this?

Keep in mind that sysinstall is meant to *install* the system, not
administrate it
on a daily basis (/me dons asbestos underclothing), generally speaking.

What do you get from

%cat /etc/rc.conf

??

Kevin Kinsey