Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:46:36 -0500
From:      Weihang Wang <weihang@vt.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Got an error: Unknown option "DDB_CTF"

Hi all,

I am a totally newbie to FreeBSD. I am building a custom kernel based on =
FreeBSD 6.0 kernel (I have to use this version cause I need to run an =
application which is only available for FreeBSD 6.0). I conform to the =
handbook to add the following lines in kernel configuration file to =
enable DTrace support:

options	KDTRACE_FRAME
options	KDTRACE_HOOKS
options	DDB_CTF
makeoptions WITH_CTF=3D1

Then I use the following commands to recompile my kernel and install =
this new kernel:

make buildkernel KERNCONF=3DKERNELNAME
make installkernel KERNCONF=3DKERNELNAME

The compiling process encounters an error: Unknown option "DDB_CTF", I =
have no idea how to fix this?

Could anyone help me to see why this happens??
Thanks in advance.

Best,
W. Wang