Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:34:29 PDT
From:      "Jerry Lei" <tylei@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   set FreeBSD as a router

Hi,

I tried to setup one of my FreeBSD as a router. Therefore, I need an
additional NIC to make my FreeBSD to be a multi-homed host. However, I have
a question about it. Usually we use crossover UTP to connect hubs and
routers. If I just buy a regular NIC and add in my computer to make it as a
router, then the UTP cable which connect to this multi-homed computer
(suppose to be a router) and hub is still straight.
Is that correct?

Or I miss some part to achieve my plan? for example,
1. maybe I need different kind of NIC to make a host like a router?
2. maybe it's a stupid and crazy idea to make a computer to be a router?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Lei